Skip to main content

Family Of House Fire Victim Asks Community For Help

Apr 10, 2015 12:52PM, Published by Lewi Lewis, Categories: Today, News




On Feb. 9 a nationally-licensed massage therapist was brewing massage oils in her home, located on Winchester St. near 400 East, when the pan was accidentally dropped, causing an explosion that blew out the kitchen windows, engulfing the home in flames.

“It’s total destruction,” Murray Deputy Fire Marshall Pat Killion told KSL. 

It was reported that, according to Killion, the house quickly burned itself out and, although firefighters continued to douse hotspots as they popped up, the structure was already a complete loss.

The victim and her two children, ages two and 15, escaped with minor burns. However, their two dogs and cat became trapped and perished.

To add insult to injury, family belongings that were untouched by the fire were looted the following day.

“They lost absolutely everything,” Sarah Wack, the stepsister of the victim, said.

Sarah has set up a donation recovery fund at Mountain America Credit Union. Donations can be made to Recovery Fund For Tiffanie and Family.


  • FIT4MOM Murray Stroller Strides

    03/27/2017
    09:00AM — 10:00AM

    FIT4MOM, the nation’s largest fitness program for new moms, has arrived in Murray. Stroller Strid...


  • FIT4MOM Murray Stroller Strides

    03/29/2017
    09:00AM — 10:00AM

    FIT4MOM, the nation’s largest fitness program for new moms, has arrived in Murray. Stroller Strid...


  • FIT4MOM Murray Stroller Strides

    03/31/2017
    09:00AM — 10:00AM

    FIT4MOM, the nation’s largest fitness program for new moms, has arrived in Murray. Stroller Strid...


 

 

Online Edition
Follow My City Journals on Facebook
Advertise with us

 

City Journals 9500 South 500 West, Suite 205, Sandy, Utah 84070 801.254.5974