SMITH’S CELEBRATES REMODELED MURRAY STORE
Oct 06, 2016 10:28AM ● Published by Bryan Scott
(left to right) Smith’s Store Manager Julia Bond, Murray City Councilman Blair Camp and Rick Kelson, Vice Principal at Horizon Elementary cut the ribbon celebrating the newly remodeled Smith’s Store in Murray on October 5, 2016.
Smith’s Food & Drug Stores cut the ribbon on its newly remodeled grocery store at 665 West 5300 South in Murray on Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
The $1.3 million investment has created a fresh new appearance to the exterior and interior of the store. Highlights include a new pharmacy with a larger consultation area; new seating area in the service deli; and new fixtures throughout the store including rich wood merchandise tables in the bakery, produce and floral departments and a large organic natural food department including a large selection of bulk and frozen foods.
Smith’s roots go back to 1932 when founder Dee Smith, who grew up in his father’s small grocery store in Brigham City, acquired his father’s passion for friendly service, quality, and honest value for every customer who walked through the doors. As Dee eventually opened more stores throughout Utah, he was known as a grocer who believed in treating people well and giving to the community. From that first small store, Smith’s has grown from a single store to become a division of the Kroger Co., the nation’s largest traditional grocery retailer.
Smith’s operates 140 stores in seven western states including 52 stores in Utah. Smith’s charitable giving, in partnership with 17,000 associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $5.2 million in cash and food products to Utah organizations in 2015. Visit www.smithsfoodanddrug.com for more information.